This site is for all Atheists, especially new Atheists, black Atheists, ex-Muslim, former Jehovah Witnesses, and any Atheists who are struggling with revealing their rejection of a belief in God.

Friday, August 13, 2010

Who .. The Fuck Do You Think You Are?

Welcome everyone to The Dark Skin Disbeliever. I am your host Dark Skin Disbeliever, but you can call me DSD. This is a work in progress and I hope we can get the kinks out before everybody begins to stop paying attention due to lack of quality. I believe we can achieve this through a little trail and error. Now enough with the bullshit disclaimer. Let's get down to some good old fashion, hell bound, sinning.As I said before, I am DSD. I am a stone cold, 100% pure, textbook definition Atheist. This description was reached a little more than two weeks ago. The reasons for this decision will be discussed in later entries. 

I am trying to do a who, what, when, where, how, and why. Today is (you guessed it) the "who."
 The details of  my identity will be shrouded in mystery..for now. This is because I am a pussy. I don't believe that a true Atheist will ever be able to fully come out and say what he or she (does not) believe. There are a few exceptions to this including entertainers, scientists, academics, people who grew up non-religious or secular and hermits. I don't fit this criteria. 

I am a twenty-something year old black male from an urban area, north of the Mason Dixon Line. My parents were very "god fearing" people with southern roots..especially my mother. I was raised as both a Baptist and a member of the Church of God in Christ (COGIC). Most of my friends are Christian. My neighbors are Christian. The people I work with are Christian. Everyone seems to be a Christian. It does not seem to be a world where a black man can get a break as an atheist. That's why I can't reveal myself. Not now at least.

No one wants to be ostracized from their families. Well maybe some of you do, but not me. I have a few close friends that I love and depend on. Can't tell them. People at work will probably immediately begin discriminating against me because of my non-beliefs. How do I know this? BECAUSE THEY FUCKING TOLD ME.  In so many words, they couldn't work with some asshole that doesn't believe in God. The bottom line is, my life would dramatically change. That is the purpose of this blog. To begin to venture out into the world wide web and see how many like minds there are in the real world. 

As you can probably determine from my lack of punctuation and proper sentence structure, I do not have much for education. Hopefully, that will change soon enough. I won't let my High School Diploma, 9-5 job, lack of support or anything stop me from getting my feet wet in the world of Atheism. I believe that I am right. I can state my point and argue my opinions based on facts and empirical data. I am willing to challenge anyone to defend my position. 

I guess another reason for this blog is because I believe there are many people who are Atheists, but can't come out and say it. This is especially true for black people who have been indoctrinated with this oppressive religion since birth... hell even since slavery. To have this "Jesus" person to turn to or fall back on instead of rejecting this bullshit and finding real ways to be the masters of their own destiny. I digress.

This blog is not "for" black people only. On the contrary. White people are probably best qualified to assist me with this endeavor. More white atheists than black. Considering my somewhat strong Afrocentric stance on social issues, this has probably brought me closer to Caucasians. Wow. I cannot believe that I am asking white people to help save black people. Have I, The DSD, just insulted my beautiful African brothers and sisters and asked the all mighty whitey for help in saving us? I guess I have. Don't fret my white devil comrades. I will soon enough be offending you. But seriously. Don't take my opinions to heart. I need everybody's help and assistance with this shit.

But this site is not just for the die-hard Atheist. Are you curious? Welcome. Agnostic? I was too. Catholics, Christians, Muslims and everyone else is welcomed too. Challenge me, threaten me, convert me, curse me to hell. Anything to start up this blog. After all. I need to find God. Wherever the hell he is, right?
Second BS disclaimer: I promise that this blog will get better with every entry. I will add videos, pictures, links, quotes from other atheists, the occasional guest blogger and much much more. 

For those of you that have followed the same road as me, let's be ambitious. Let us tear down the walls that separate us.  Let us challenge superstitions. We have to be defensive as well as offensive to those have made us feel ashamed to be intelligent. The audacity of common sense. 

What have we learned today? In a word, nothing. I started this entry by trying to wow everyone. Bad idea. Let's call this one the introduction. Hopefully I have sparked a scintilla of thought and curiosity.  The best is yet to come. 

Tomorrow: The Real Who. A Brief History of The Dark Skin Skin Disbeliever.




5 comments:

  1. good start, I am glad you are doing this, we are the next civil rights group...I think in order to do so we must for something, not just against it. I personally feel like black folks should be an easy sell on athiesm, because it was the christians who enslaved them in the first place and gave them the bible to make them feel better about their suffering...The trick is, Christianity is a part of the culture now, and as a minority group, culture is extremely important. Black culture needs to be reinvented, maybe you are the one to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think i might be having athiest tendencies so i'm all confused...keep posting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw you on FB. It's good to find a place to talk about atheism. I get sick of being the only one not "slain in the spirit" all the damn time. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks. I appreciate the Support. Keep visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad I found this site! I'm another dark skin disbeliever.

    ReplyDelete