This site is for all Atheists, especially new Atheists, black Atheists, ex-Muslim, former Jehovah Witnesses, and any Atheists who are struggling with revealing their rejection of a belief in God.

Friday, August 27, 2010

Freedom From Religion Fridays: Go Gay Marriage!

This Dark Skin Disbeliever edition of Freedom From Religion Friday's has been brought to you today by Gay Marriage.











 Throwing hate and intolerance in the face of the Religious Right until they receive the same rights as everyone else. You know you like it Billy Graham. No. You LOVE it! Come and get it!



I am loving this new format. It is fairly simple and easy. Monday is the our Monday Morning Moron where we profile the the worst of the worst in religion, faith, superstition, and belief past present and future. The same true for What They Really Believe Wednesdays where we tell you what members of a group orginization, or religion really believes; not just what they like to tell you.


Which brings to to Freedom From Religion Fridays. This is where we are free to talk about whatever we want. Freedom.



I am sick and tired of religion. I think I am so damn intolerant of because I can link most of the "major issues"  to some sort of religious beliefs. It makes me so angry because these things have nothing at all to do with improving the quality of our life. Furthermore, we have so much potential as a species, I know it's something in each and every one of us that is saying "Something needs to change". That thing is the old fashioned. We all know better now. We all know that other races are equal for all intents and purposes. We all know that women are a partner to males not servants. Religion has played a part in reinforcing those previous ideas. It took us thousands of years to get past a lot of bullshit that our various religions have told us were true. So can anyone tell me why we do everything we can to keep these old superstitions up and running.


There are many to blame. Our schools, friends, families, communities, but most of all.. the media.


The media gives a voice to all the religious wack jobs, ultraconservative politicians, and anyone else who can gain money, power, respect through the "grace of God". This is because they know people are easy to persuade. Church attendance is dwindling. How else can you control? The media. I will give you stories that supposedly "affect our lives" and will all send us down crashing into a sea of sin. Of course I don't believe this, but somehow every major news outlet is (at least) giving a lot of play to the opinion that this is actual news.

Gay Marriage

Gay Marriage is basically what is sounds. Gay people getting married. But if you listen to the terminology, people already make it sound fucked up. They don't want to call it "Marriage for Gays". That would indicate that it's marriage for other people who would like to get married.

We obviously know the opposing side to gay people getting married. They think it ruins marriages. Ha! Having been married for about five years, I know that people in those marriages ruin them. But anyway, that's not what they really mean. The religious right is losing. No one is going to church. They may still believe in Jesus or Muhammad or Yahweh or The Flying Spaghetti Monster. But no one goes anymore. So they have to play on your fears. If you are an idiot, you think that the world will turn gay. Then they will turn your children gay. Then the human race will end, because no one likes to fuck the opposite sex any longer.

The truth is, this shit does not matter, AT ALL! You can't ruin my marriage. You can't ruin an artificial institution. Yep. I said it. Let me remind you. I am an atheist. There is nothing in us as humans that makes us want to be monogamous. I know I am going to get in trouble for saying that. But we all know that's true.
I got married because I am terrified of diseases, would hate child support, and most of all, I love my wife.  I think I have redeemed myself from the previous statement. Maybe not.

Freedom From Religion...

What if we didn't have religion? What if we eliminated all of those crazy beliefs? How different would the country be if we were all atheists?

Gay people would be getting married. It would all be horrible. Hear me out. Those gay weddings (for the guys at least) would be spectacular. Rare orchids, sparkling crystals, gold shavings on 8 foot cakes, the finely tailored tuxedos, and if they are queens the wedding dresses would put Princess Di's to shame. They would make women so jealous. Men would have to up the ante. It would be a competition of epic proportions. Every Bridezilla would be screaming at their significant other "Ricky Martin got a pink artificial snow at his reception. I want unicorns and Mark Anthony to sing at ours. If you don't , you don't really love me like the gays love each other". All the men would be bankrupt.


But seriously folks. This does not effect my life at all. I think gay people are awesome. Even if I didn't like them, I know they are going to generally keep to themselves and not meddle in my life. Why should I meddle in theirs?  Gay people getting married would boost the economy, improve the quality of their lives in the Pursuit of Happiness and most of all would make every religious leader and right wing politician have nervous breakdowns. The more gays coming out of the closet would increase the likelihood of this happening. Let's work on it homosexuals. Anything you need, I am willing to help. Just try to help all the straight men become better husbands and teach us  how to do that that other thing that you do to each other,  to our wives.Then we have got a deal.


That's it for today. Join us for our Monday Morning Moron: Abraham

4 comments:

  1. I'm not struggling with my disbelief in God. In fact, I'm proud of it. I used to be fearful. In any case, I love your writing on the subject. keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate all the support. Rejection of belief is a "religious experience" in itself. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! This was great. I think people need to stop spending so much time worrying about everyone else and start worrying about themselves. After all, more than 40% of marriages are ending in divorce. So much for the sanctity of marriage :-/ If heterosexuals aren't doing a good job of "keeping normal families together" (whatever that really means!), then why not give gay people a shot. They can't possibly do any worse than straight people.--Gen

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanx alot for this.im a gay teenager and its great to kno people are so supportive :)

    ReplyDelete