This site is for all Atheists, especially new Atheists, black Atheists, ex-Muslim, former Jehovah Witnesses, and any Atheists who are struggling with revealing their rejection of a belief in God.

Monday, September 13, 2010

Monday Morning Moron: Donnie McClurkin

 Today's posting is brought to you by Gay God:













Only a Gay Man would create another man first.







There seems to be a strange phenomena in The US. Whenever the believe status-quo is either abandoned, or made obsolete; there is a large uprising of people who wish to see that "normalcy" return. This is just a theory. I am no sociologist. I am sure Dr. (somebody) has done extensive research on this subject. Consider these examples:




End of the Civil War and the Ku Klux Klan
Unemployment and Arizona's Immigration Bill
Civil Rights Movement and the rise of Conservative Republicans
The election of Barack Obama and The Tea Party Movement, Sarah Palin's popularity, "Birthers" and other groups.


To some of readers, the above examples not only seem true, but obvious. If you have basic knowledge of any of these people, ideas or groups, then you can easily connect them with the other side of my examples. Seems too easy.
If you think things are clear cut then you must be forgetting the idea of this blog.


Those groups wanted to attach their organizations with a higher power. The KKK wanted to make the country safe for good white Christians. This seems commendable until you get all the facts. The KKK were worried about former slaves getting retribution for years of bondage. This imagined retaliation never came. However, that did not stop the Ku Klux Klan to become one of the first true terrorist organizations and hate mongers in the United States.


Belief in a higher power ...check
A deceptive idea that should attract the misinformed and uneducated ...CHECK
Discrimination, hate, and intolerance against a minority ...CHECK












This sounds like: The Christian Right vs. Gay People














I know I am all gay gay gay with it. I just did a posting about gay marriage a little while ago. It's talked about so much on the news. You cannot escape it. There are a few roads I could have went down with this. I could go the priest route. That is for another time and is far too easy and is overdone. When I am lazy I will probably go on some kind of rant about them. Not today though folks. I just wanted to give you a few quick profiles in hypocrisy.
There are men who are using God and The Bible to attack homosexuality. You would think that all of these men who create such environments of hate would ay least BE heterosexual. Wrong!


I am of the belief that if you talk about something that didn't bother you or infringe on your rights, you probably envied or wanted to be a part of that thing. There are a few exceptions. I DO NOT want to be a Yankee or Cowboy. I just hate those teams. But there seems to be a disproportionate amount of …lets just call them "interesting"  leaders of prominent churches throughout the US who preach that homosexuality is an abomination of The Lord. The amazing part about these men is their involvement with HOMOSEXUALITY. Maybe there is something in the water. More than likely there is something in their DNA.




Donnie McClurkin






















Name:  Donnie McClurkin
Organization/Church: Perfecting Faith - a Black Pentecostal Church out of New York
Background: Donnie sings that shitty gospel music that is supposed to be uplifting to a bunch of black people who were forced by rape, slavery, and murder. From what I have read, the guy seems to have grown up in a hellish existence. He was raped at eight the night of his two year old brother's funeral by his uncle. At age 13, he was raped again by his cousin. That is a horrible thing. I don't want to get into semantics, but was he raped or molested? There are two very distinct differences. He claims to have grown up in the church. It seems to be a horrible place where you can't immediately get people arrested for raping you...TWICE.
 After 13, Donnie says he began "struggling with homosexuality" for 20 years. Eventually through prayer, bible study, and the help of Jesus; he renounced his homosexuality. He has never been married and had a child out of wedlock about 10 years ago. When he tours, he brings several of his sisters as background singers.  


For a hilarious video click here. Notice when he talks about getting on his knees.

Comment(s) Against Homosexuality: Here is an excerpt from an interview he did with somebody named Carrington Lei.

"
I absolutely believe that there is a difference. You considered yourself gay at one point and now you say that you’re delivered. To me, the term delivered can be pretty ambiguous, depending on how you use it. The difference in saying, “I’m attracted to the same sex, but I’m choosing not to act on my attraction” and not having an attraction at all is vastly different.
Not at all. The bottom line is that it’s all the same. It’s by not choosing to act that the attraction and the appetite starts to abate and wane.
I’m a diabetic now and I don’t eat sugar, but it doesn’t mean that I don’t want sugar. The more I don’t eat the sugar, the more I lose the taste for sugar and the more my diet starts to change permanently – I can’t stand a regular soda now because it’s too much sugar. So, the more I don’t intake the sugar, the more it leaves out of my desire."


 
Result/Hypocrisy: Brilliant Donnie. Simply Brilliant. I used to attend baptist and pentecostal churches. Most of the dudes who were really into choir.were like Donnie McClurkin., They were effeminate and slightly flamboyant. I use slightly because these guys always thought that they were being discreet. It reminds me of a drug addict trying to hide the fact that he or she is on crack by closing their mouth. As soon as you say something funny, you can tell that they have smoked their fronts. But they sing on. Thinking they can praise the homosexuality out of their sexual appetite. That really wasn't a joke. That's what they believe. Keep singing to Jesus and you will magically like women.
His background information is enough, but the video is priceless. I didn't do a long, extensive search to find some incriminating looking evidence. That was the first video interview that popped up. The thing that he said about God making you "get on your knees" was very telling. I am quite sure you all can relate this guy with someone that you have seen. The gay gay pretending to be straight.  It's the subtlety that you can clearly see. He is on pins and needles. 
I don't give a damn what you say. A direct quote is usually the most telling thing. Sometimes you have to read between the lines about what the person is really trying to say. You don't have to do this with Mr. McClurkin. 
If we are to believe that the interview was real and authentic, Donnie is admitting that he is gay.
He can call it whatever he wants. Homosexuality is the sexual attraction to the same gender. I don't think he is necessarily choosing at all. If he is trying to compare sugar to sex, he might as well compare sugar to water. He wants some man on man action. If he is not getting it now, expect him to end up on the news with two Dominican male prostitutes, six butt plugs, and a bag of "sniffy jiffy". Whenever I find this out,  I will be happy for him. Hopefully, he will be "relieved of his duties" and can go live a great life with "Chez and Javi". Homosexuality is not a sin. It's homosexuality. If you want to go by the fact that it's in the bible, you better not get caught picking up sticks on The Sabbath. That will get you the death penalty too. Hopefully, Donnie can hold all the sticks he wants.


This is just one profile of one man. I know this. But this is the same man who performed at the Republican National Convention. That's like the home of all Evangelicals. How an effeminate black man can come there singing gospel tunes is beyond me. Too many contradictions for my simple mind to grasp. But that's not the point. It's like the moon landing, assassination of Tupac, and Krispy Kreme Doughnuts. I have no idea how they happen. I can't believe they happened. But I know it happened.


This is one dude and one example of homosexuality. It's a closeted case right? (pun intended)


I could give you many more examples. I think I will call it Profiles in Homosexual Hypocrisy. I never have understood why anyone would care about who has sex with who. It's such a weird thing to think about. My mother has 4 kids. I know she had sex at least that many times. I never dwell on it. I never think about how my dad took her clothes off. It's icky to even make this analogy. It's there. Get over it. To deny them is a lesson in futility. They have numbers. They don't care if "God Hates Fags" or that marriage should be between a man and a woman. They will get married, raise children and engage in all types of loving that I am still not mature enough to sit and contemplate.


I started writing this blog about Donnie McClurkin for one simple reason. I didn't have any black people. I wanted to profile at least one black person. I wanted to talk about black churches and their view of homosexuality. Then something hit me. I am jealous of Donnie McClurkin.


There are plenty of places for a gay dude to feel comfortable. If all the heterosexuals in the world shunned them, they still have exclusive professions, communities, political power, and everything else that has given them so much power in the political landscape. There are gay judges, transgender police chiefs, congressmen, mayors, millionaires and heads of state. 


 Atheists  have none of that in the US. Because of all the support and liberal minded people in this country, Donnie McClurkin can finally come out today. Sure he will be kicked out of his church. But I am sure that he can open a new church tomorrow and change the lives of many young men and women. There is nothing like that for me. For every various reasons, I have to keep my Atheism a secret. Donnie should be so happy that he lives in a world that - while very intolerant - can embrace him as a true citizen of the United States of America. 

That is unless he becomes an Atheist.  








3 comments:

  1. Man, you nailed it about the dudes in the choir trying to be undercover. They hid their gayness about as well as I hid the fact I was hungover....not very good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is REYAL. I am glad you shone a light on this mountebank. Donnie McClurkin represents something painfully redundant & recalcitrant in Black American Christianity. He is an un-progressive voice which represents the true FEAR of biblical scholarship, examination and outdated theology in Christianity but especially with Black Folks. I can only imagine the "movement" he could set in-motion in our community by doing what Tonex did (re: "Tonex" w/Lexi on YouTube. The 1st and ONLY 'out' gospel artist). Yet Donnie chooses his power for evil. Not bad, evil. I wish I could like him but I can't stand him.

    -30 y/o Black, Atheist & Bi/Gay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like always, I enjoyed reading this post. I couldn't stop reading, even when my boss strolled by. I agree with everything you said. Donnie knows he is still attracted to men. Who hangs out with their sisters all the time? I'm a girl and I don't even hang out with mine that much. I also know what you means by the Donnies in the choir....I have a cousin who's one. He's not fooling anybody.

    ReplyDelete